Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Experimental Skeleton Inc.

The two main projects that caught my interest on www.experimentalskeleton.com were "The Refractory" and "The Genetic Archive". The Refractory seems like a spectacular show, as it includes the use of 15 different projectors; consequently, I was disappointed by the website's lack of video clips from the event. The article on the website mentioned multiple formats of media presentation, including the use of recording performances for future playback, but does not actually have any of these files available to visitors. In contrast, i found the design of the large dream machine to be intriguing as I tried to visualize the movement of a moth around a light while looking at the picture. Yet again, I think the quality of the website could vastly improve with video clips of these events included on their respective pages.

Another project that I found interesting was The Genetic Archive because I believe it to be a unique and potentially useful experiment. One thing that I am still curious about is the difference of using medicinal leeches compared to using the traditional methods of drawing blood one would find in a hospital. From a conceptual perspective, I feel like the experiment may prove to be useful in future scientific studies or experiments, and that the concept of creating a genetic archive that is greatly diverse seems to be a very futuristic based experiment compared to the other experiments I read about online.

No comments:

Post a Comment